Community Service is at the foundation of every Kiwanis club. The support the Keyport club provides to the Bayshore area is as vast and diverse as the community we serve. A small sampling of activities / community involvement include:
1. Fulfilled our club’s 5 year pledge of $24,000 to The ELIMINATE Project, a joint effort by Kiwanis International and UNICEF to eliminate maternal and neonatal tetanus — a deadly disease that claims the lives of 34,000 babies and women each year. Completed in October of 2018.
2. Support our local youth through sponsorship of six youth / student clubs & scholarships (nearly $5,000 invested back into the youth in community).
3. Feeding residents in need as a partner of The Bayshore Lunch Program & the Keyport Ministerial Food Pantry
4. Answering the call for help by collecting clothing for those in need, completing minor projects with Bagging Brigade and HEROES at Union Beach, constructing ramps to the needy, and so much more.
5. Provides funding to several organizations in the area to help them grow and give back to the community.